We’re after a very special, experienced home for this stunning but feisty young lady.
Little Maddie is still less than a year old. She came to us from a family with a number of small children, and she would seem to have had quite a hard time with them – on arrival, she was displaying a lot of aggression: growling, hissing, swearing and lashing out if anyone trespassed into her personal space.
Her foster mum spotted a desperate craving for affection behind all the posturing though, and only a couple of weeks later, you’d barely recognise her. Thanks to quiet, calm and consistent treatment, a refusal to back down when she lashed out, a solid and clear routine, Feliway, catnip, and gauntlets (!), she’s now an affectionate, purring and playful little girl – *most of the time*.
She is still very much a project cat who will need continued patience, kindness and consistency, but we feel she needs her forever humans sooner rather than later, so that she builds a bond with them rather than with her fosterer.
Because of her prior behaviour, her new home MUST meet the following criteria (for her own good and for yours!):
– No children of primary age or younger.
– Quiet, stable home with a clear routine.
– Safe outside space where she is unlikely to come across too many people – she WILL go up for a fuss, and MAY lash out if they overstep the mark, which won’t be popular!
– Someone who understands and is willing to tolerate that she may turn unexpectedly if something upsets her, at least in the short term; someone who doesn’t mind needing the odd plaster and antiseptic treatment in the pursuit of what will be an absolute gem of a cat, given the right investment.
– She’s also likely to be something of a hunter, so someone that doesn’t mind too much having to rescue furry presents in future.
In her favour, she has lived with a dog, so a cat-accustomed dog that won’t spook her should be OK, and she should be OK with a calm, confident, friendly cat, as she retreated when her foster’s cats encountered her and were quite rude to her. Ideally though, a home with no other pets would be perfect for her.
Maddie comes fully vaccinated, microchipped, neutered, and with 5 weeks’ free insurance. Gauntlets not included, but her fosterer can recommend an excellent supplier!
Fostered in Chippenham.